Shrink Wrap Machine

Hello All,

I'm considering the purchase of a shrink wrap machine and wondered if

any particular brand was better than others.

Does anyone have a recommendation on quality and/or pricing and/or

supplier?

The largest size I'm most interested in wrapping is 20x24".

Also, do you have to worry about condensation on the print generated

from the blow gun?

Thanks,

I would investigate the compatiblity of the shrink film and the prints. For smaller runs sleeves/bags would make sense. The supplier I use has 20x24 bags for $41/100. Local art supply stores may stock and sell some sizes in small quantities. The issues I have with shrink wrapping are: compatiblity, up front costs of materials and equipment, and possible damage when opening. If you use bags, you have to purchase a minimum (100/50) of each size.

Joe,

Thanks for the response. I have bags but the problem always seems to be that the bags are too narrow to handle a print on 3/16" foam core with a double matte. Good point about people damaging the artwork just getting it out of the wrap.

Anyway, I talked with my buyer this morning and she prefers finished framed work for the time being. So the shrink wrap problem isn't pressing but if anyone has info I still would appreciate hearing from them.

thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Bill,

I purchased mine from United Maufacturing. They sell the shrink wrap film as well. (Acid Free and Regular in a couple of different weights.)If you are still in the market for one in August, I'll be up in your neck of the woods...I was planning on selling mine at years end...but could certainly do it in August. I can wrap up to 28x38 with mine. I haven't had any problems with it and have been using it for about 10 years. (I did have to replace the heat gun last year.) The heat gun does not cause condensation. The process is very economical compared to the bags/envelopes.

• 3 years later...
<p>I purchased an <a href="http://www.officezone.com/aieibar.htm">AIE shrink wrap system</a> that used centerfold shrink wrap film. I like the centerfold because it adjusts really well to my photographs. I picked mine up at <a href="http://www.officezone.com">Office Zone</a> . They seem decently priced. I've never had any problem with condensation.</p>