Should I buy?

<p>Sounds like a good deal if it is legit. At the best of times, this camera would have cost over 4000 USD. The M7 with the vulcanite and classic wind lever is really nice to use, and it has the new style rewind lever, which is easier to use. I have a similar camera, and it is my most used M camera -- the AE is great, but it still has the nicer feel of the classic wind (in my opinion) and it has a very nice look to it. The camera is very new, so it should be in good working shape. I suppose the main thing to check would be whether or not it has signs of mistreatment -- has it been dropped, does the film advance feel smooth, are there any pinholes in the shutter, does the rangefinder appear to be focusing correctly and so on. Just use your judgement and try to get a feel for the seller too, if it is in person. I think it will probably be fine. <br>

Best of luck! </p>

<p>Haven't seen it, held it, cuddled it, so really can't say. This is roughly what an "ornary" M7 goes for.<br>

I stick to the saying: "If it looks too good to be true, that's because it probably is too good to be true". Maybe it's a real "à la carte" M7, but "it fell off a truck" somewhere.<br>

I wouldn't touch the thing with a barge pole.<br>

Your call! Good luck with the hand wringing.</p>

<p>Haven't seen it, held it, cuddled it, so really can't say. This is roughly what an "ornary" M7 goes for.<br>

I stick to the saying: "If it looks too good to be true, that's because it probably is too good to be true". Maybe it's a real "à la carte" M7, but "it fell off a truck" somewhere.<br>

I wouldn't touch the thing with a barge pole.<br>

Your call! Good luck with the hand wringing.</p>

<p>It may be the guy is just selling off his personal stuff in a down economy. </p>

<p>Leica probably purchased from home mortgage loan, and now seller needs cash to pay that mortgage loan back.<br>

Show up in person with money, look at camera and ask him for his original sales receipt and take it from there.</p>

• 9 years later...