Shot counts counter in EOS300D

vlsi jim

Haven't touched my EOS300D for almost 2 years. For life of me, I can't recall

how and where did I check how many (total) pictures has camera made. Could

someone please remind me?

Where exactly in menu or what hot keys or combination needs to be pressed

together to find how many photoshots I've made with this camera.

Thank you

Thanks for your note Leopold,

I'm not troubled by the lifetime of shutter. Merely wanted to remind myself why on earth I can't quite recall the way to find this?

I've used Extreme II card since begging. Fine. Will place another one.

But how and where do you access this data reflecting how many shots you made? Are you alluding that once I place another one, I should see this counter without any search?

Thanks again.

If you have used only one card, the file number of the photo on the CF card will reflect the number of shots, assuming you have the camera set to continuous numbering, and the card was new when you started using it.

If you have used another card, or if your camera is not set to continuous file numbering, there is no way to find out how many shutter actuations there have been.

Only the MK1 series cameras explicitly record the shutter actuations number in the EXIF data.

<Chas>

Recently, wondering about the shutter count of my 350d, I came across a website that hosted Canon's 300D service utility. It wasn't compatible with my camera so I couldn't actually try it out, but it had some interesting features listed: AE, AF, flash, CMOS and TFT adjustment, image check, set body number... Try googleing for "EOS" or "Kiss" + "adjustment software", or something like that - but I'm afraid I can't find it any more.

I wish someone had the same thing for my EOS 350d. :-)

Thank you all for your suggestions and valuable data.

Petar, thanks for your note about this service utility. You certainly intrigued me with this one to say least. Really tried to benefit from data you provided with my search. But even with the greatest aplomb failed to find anything of substance related to your description.

If your browser is still in mercy of your recent history visits, could you please dedicate one look into it and possibly find it easier? Or could you at least offer some finer data? At least what was the nature of that site? Some dealer, enthusiast or perhaps some dedicated photo site?

I would love to fetch this software.

Thanks