Seattle. Photoshop classes - any recommendations?

Anyone here have any recommendations for photoshop classes in Seattle area?

Art Institute, Seattle Central, etc? I'd prefer downtown since that's where I

work.

I'm on windows, altho I know some classes are on Mac - looking to take intro

and then intermediate level classes. Been learning on my own with some

difficulty for a year +, probably getting some bad habits. Thanks in advance.

Tom

Check just inside Glazer's entrance, they have a display of classes and workshop pamphlets.

Outside of that, check the national training companies, many hold day to week workshops

several times a year in Seattle, usually downtown or near the airport. Some of the staff are

students in local photography programs, mostly at community colleges in the Puget Sound.

Good luck.

The Art Institute had some great photoshop classes and teachers when I was there back in the late 90's so I imagine that is still an option. Not sure if they will let you just take single classes without being part of the student body. This seminar next week should be a good one to teach you some shortcuts and get you going in the right direction: http://www.photoshopseminars.com/class/155/

• 6 months later...

My husband and I also took the photoshop class at the Experimental College (U.W. campus).

It was a short class, but good, a good introduction to the basics. It meets once a week for

three or four weeks depending on the quarter and covered the important things we needed

to learn, how to adjust colors, how to copy and paste, how layers work, how to use the text

tool and filters. This was on the Seattle branch of the University of Washington campus. I

don't know how much the class is now but it was $150.00 when we took it, plus a $10

registration fee the school charges. The college's URL is http://exco.org - when you get to

the web page it's listed under computer classes. Hope that helps!

• 1 year later...
<p>I hired Matthew Herz to help me learn Photoshop. His instruction was personalized to my needs and less expensive and easier to fit into my schedule than formal classes. He is an accomplished photographer, and experienced tutor and a wizard with photoshop. His website is mherzphoto.com.</p>

• 1 year later...

<p ><strong>Photoshop Tutoring in Seattle</strong></p>

<p >Ever wanted to learn photoshop? I can teach you how to do just about anything - if you want to clean up your family album, create a logo or insert yourself into a photo with Barack Obama - I can do that!</p>

<p >Photoshop can be a little overwhelming without help - there seems to be an enless ammount of tools and buttons. During our tutoring sessions we will start at your specific skill level and bit by bit learn the tips and tricks to do whatever you want.<br>

you can check out my website at <a href="http://www.nathanresick.com">nathanresick.com</a></p>