Searching my files for a photo.

Discussion in 'Digital Darkroom' started by Sanford, May 31, 2021.

1. One of my favorite No Words threads was based on theme drift. The OP asked that each subsequent poster choose an element or idea from the previous submission in the thread to use as a theme for the photo they’d choose. It led to kind of meandering, stream-of-consciousness thread. And, often, my favorite photos in more traditional No Words threads are ones that “push” the theme in unexpected directions.

The older I get, the less tied I am to where I thought I was going ...:)

2. That was one of my favorite No Words threads as well, but, as I recall, it died after a while from enforcement of the "one submission per participant" rule, and there was no longer a continual supply of participants to keep it going.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  3. Maybe time to start a new one.

4. I think people are referring to Leslie Reid’s thread, Experiment in Free Association, that was posted in Casual Conversations

Experiment in free association

Glenn McCreery likes this.
  5. That's what the Russians are telling everyone. :) Meanwhile, Putin, an old KGB hand, is still doing fine.

6. And with the backing of the U.S. Republican Party, who have basically formed a coalition against democracy with him, now actively spreading his lies and propaganda. :mad:

7. I'm still using Adobe Bridge on a Mac.
    In it you have the option to do a "Spotlight search" or a "Bridge search".

My system requires a descriptive word or two in the image label like "20070316_2-001 Camel Market.CR2"

Modern long file names are a blessing in my "system".

Wait! I seem to inadvertently wondered back to the topic!

Shame on me.

Anyhow the real professionals were elsewhere
    Stasi-XXX-pin_07e.jpg

8. Cool.
    I think that's allowed. See how flexible we are here!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  9. Your memory is better than mine Ludmilla.

10. Vincent Peri

Vincent Peri Metairie, LA

I've forgotten what memory is... damn!