Search photo captions not working

indraneel

<p>My search for "Argiope anasuja" (without quotes) returns no results. <a href="../photo/12643532">Photo</a> was uploaded 2011-02-12. Is it not working? Search for argiope returns 64 results but my photo is not among them :( The bottom of the results page says highest rated images are shown, but many of the ones shown do not even have the ratings enabled and no comments. Any pointers?</p>

<p>Hmmm. I just searched for it and the photo you linked was the second result... (another one of your photos was the <em>first</em> result). If you wish to ensure results, I would recommend tagging your image with relevant information that will lead viewers to your work. I always search by tag when I'm seeking photographs. Searching the entire site returns forum threads and all kinds of irrelevant stuff.</p>

<p>Thanks Jeff, Interesting that it's coming up when I search all of photo.net, but not when I select photo captions from the pull down menu. The phrase is of course in the photo caption of both images. This thread comes up as the third result when all of photo.net is searched. I have not searched by tag yet since none of my images have tags. Photo.net does not seem to convert the iptc keywords to tags (like flickr does).</p>

<p>Hopefully an admin (maybe Josh) can clear things up?</p>