SD Cards

erixphoto

<p>The D300s is new enough it would be hard to think there's an SD card out there that would not work.</p>

<p>I figure you'd need to go back a couple of generations at least before you would run across any camera that might not take higher capacity/newer types of cards.</p>

<p>In theory, all SDHC cards should be compatible. The standard for SDHC cards specifies that, for the different classes, only the speed should change. All other functions should be identical. In short, any card displaying the SDHC logo should work in your camera. Lower classes may cause the camera to slow down, when writing large RAW files to the card, especially in continuous shooting mode.</p>

<p>Should be.</p>

<p>In reality, quality control among card manufacturers varies widely, just like every other product in the world. Unfortunately, the only way to find out which ones have flaws that render them useless to you, is to buy one and try it.</p>

<p> Paul Noble</p>

<p>In general and in theory, the statement that "all" SDHC should be compatible is a logical assumption. However, I use SD cards for portable storage amongst several PCs and a few different family P&S digital cameras & peripherals. My experience has been mixed given the assumption. Some large capacity SD cards do not accomodate high transfer speeds and some work faster on OS/X, slower on XP, and crawl on 1 P&S and just fine on a different P&S. Some older P&S does not recognize the full capacity of the SDHD cards either. Yes, the SDHD cards generally work, but there may be some compromises along the way. I have found that sometimes smaller capacity SDHD cards are significantly faster in processing the exposure etc. Some brands are better than others and usually you get what you pay for. . . . just my recent experiences as I learn how this stuff works. :-)</p>