Scenes from a Coffee House

Closer might be good, but would be a completely different photo. Here I like the light, the shapes, and the feeling of the woman alone in the corner. I'd want closer, too ... but mostly because *this* photo makes me curious about her.

I like this one as is.

I like it and feel the shadows are great & the contrast is really great.

Perhaps if the overall scale was larger (I know it's not possible posted inline) then the true essence would come through.

Reminds me of waking up & seeing shadows on the wall & wishing I could capture that moment.

Not lonely at all - good work.

I love the shadows from the widow panes, the classic rule-of-thirds composition and the contrast, which seems just about right.

Methinks Trevor was making a joke...

Beyond that, a closer composition might be good too, only it would be a different photograph. I'm glad this one was taken. Very fine use of your fine equipment.

Trevor, being twenty years younger doesn't give you any more claim on looking at a nice pair of legs! There were several pair at Starbucks last night that I'm sure you would have found to your liking, alluringly sticking out of hip-hugger micro-mini skirts. The reality is that most times they seem to have a pile of textbooks and a notebook computer in front of them and seem totally oblivious to the effect that their legs have on nearby males. And yes, some rather young females do seem to find much older men attractive, and some women seem fascinated by men with cameras.

Let us have a little think.

First of all nice shadows....always adds to a sense of mystery.

Technically excellent...nice and sharp.

Nice contrast separates the shadows and highlights.

Head turning away...again adds to the sense of mystery.

The sexual implications of the female form being turned away from the camera; again adds to the sense of mystery and mood.... you old blokes should have a think about yesteryear before the juices started to dry.

Naked legs and youth...again adding to the sexuality and mood.

Just a few thoughts.