I need to scan many archieved 2.1/4" SQ. NEGATIVES and a thousand

2INCH 35MM SLIDES. I am not up to date on the latest machines to

scan both 35 MM and 2 1/4" NEGATIVES OR POSITIVES. I would like

to hear from folks who have used scanners in these formats. I would

like to make CD- DVDs to archive this material. I would appreiate

helpful information.

Thank you.

~Tim

I have the Microtek i900 which has film holders for 4 120 format frames (645, 6x6, 6x7, 6x9), for 12 35mm slides and for 12 35mm negative strips (It also has film holders for 4x5 and a glass holder for all other transparency and negatives up to 8x10). It will do prints of any size as well.

The scanner comes with Silverfast Ai 6 software bundled with the printer as well as the 4x5 and print calibration targets.

I had been looking for a MF scanner for sometime but I could never afford one but the Microtek was around $500. An amazing price for the quality.

If you are going to go the inexpensive route microtek is a quality company with quality products. However, you do get what you pay for. Stay away from any Epson product, the only thing they are good at is making marketing promises they can't fulfill. The amount of post processing needed to get an acceptable print is more than excessive. Definitely not the tool to be doing a lot of work, especially archiving.

If you can afford it, the Nikon 9000. It will save you a lot of time and frustration and get you prints you will appreciate.

By the way, an external hard drive may be a better archiving media than DVDs.