SB-25 and F100, no red eye reduction?

luis_marco_de_sebastian

According to my F100 manual the SB-25 won´t allow the red eye

reduction feature with this camera, but after reading the flash

manual it is clear that this do is a possibility with the N90.

Am i correct? if so i wonder why a later camera like the f100 can

not support the red eye reduction present in the N90 with this flash.

Do you guys can help me with this? am i missing something?

another point is that the SB-26 & F100 combo can do the red eye

reduction and as far as i know the SB-25 and Sb-26 are basically the

same flash apart from the wireless slave unit feature of the SB-26,

so again why not the SB-25?

thanks a lot.

I don't know the answer to your question but it's really a non issue. I can tell you that I wouldn't get all worked up about so called "red-eye reduction" features. Most of the time all it does is annoy your subject. It's really pretty useless. If you want real red-eye reduction that actually works get your flash up off the camera with a bracket.

No. I am still reading manuals and have not even run 1 roll of film through the camera. Just read it and decided to ask. I guess i tend to trust an official manufacturer manual, and maybe i should not...

wait a second...no i set it in the camera body and the red-eye reducion icon does not appear in the flash screen. i cannot set it with the camera as the flash manual states should be done. It definetly does not work. I am still surprised it does work with the N90 and not with the F100.

Suggest you find a way to get the SB-28 speedlight. This will solve any problems (I hope) in using your F100 body and the need for the red-eye reduction mode. (Nikon changed a few things in the flash units between the SB-25 and the SB-28.)

The true purpose of "Red Eye Reduction" is to annoy the hell out of your subject so your photos look awful. It�s guaranteed (honest, red the fine print) to produce photos that the subject thereof hate.

Consider a Stroboframe Press T flash bracket or something similar along with a Nikon SC-17 TTL remote cord.

I�ve found one good use for Red Eye Reduction: in a pinch I can use it to find my keys.

Seriously the feature is quite useless.

Hope this helps,