Saving a screen shot image?

Hello, I have a PDF document (instruction manual) and would like to copy the

first page image. It allows me to print pages, but I was expecting to be able

to save the displayed image by right clicking and getting the option too. But

it does not give that option.

Cheers

You are correct. You can't simply right click and use the "save image as" command to save the picture. If you're asking if you can save a screen shot of the page from a .pdf document, yes you can. I don't know that it will do what you want, but to save the screen shot you view the page you want to save and hit the "shift" and "print screen" buttons together. Then open an imaging program (even Paint or other simple program will suffice). Once the program is open, click "Edit" and "paste." The part of the page visible on the screen from the .pdf document will be pasted as an image. You can then save it as a .jpg or another option. Keep in mind you will only get the portion of the screen that is displayed in the image.<div>00L7Dg-36485984.jpg.a8535cf4afc5d15526e752e90070c2f5.jpg</div>

Well, if you're using a PC, and do any typing, I'll assume you know where the shift key is. If not, they are located in the lower right and left of the keyboard. The print screen button is along the top of the keyboard, generally on the right side. Search around a bit and I'm sure you'll locate them. Once you hit those together, you have to have a bit of faith that the image was indeed saved, but if you go to the imaging program, and follow what I said above, it should show up.

Reggie, I'm not sure why it doesn't work on your machine. Perhaps try a different image program. If I'm doing screen shots, I'll generally just use Paint. I don't think you can use the same method with something like photoshop to initially view the image you've created. Perhaps you can, but I don't know the specific method.

If you're using a Mac, you'll have to wait for someone else to assist with solving the problem.

Mark, Sorry for being stupid! Our last posts crossed.

I press the keys and nothing seems to happen, but as you say the image opened in paint by magic. It will not open for me in CS2 that is what was confusing me, apart from being generally confused. But paint will work for want I need, you are a star thank you!

Adobe Acrobat has a graphic select tool that let's you highlight a portion of the page that then puts it into the clipboard. Simply paste the contents of the clipboard into an empty photoshop file and you have your portion of the PDF you want.

Also, at least with Acrobat 8, there's a toolbar icon to start a new pdf, and one of the options is to make it from clipboard content. Or, and again this is with full Acrobat, not just the reader: when you print a page, you should have "Adobe PDF" as one of your printer choices.

If you're on a mac it's Apple key + shift + 3

Or, use apple key + shift + 4, and it will give you cross hairs to select and crop the area to

take the picture of, so that you can skip the whole editing thing. Saves to the desktop.