Samsung TL350 sensor?

<p>Anyone know if the CMOS sensor is a larger one (like the APS-C in the Sigma DPx cameras? Or a tiny one? </p>

<p>They say it has good low light performance, but of course "good" depends on what you're comparing it to. Hard to imagine it's that good if it's got a tiny sensor. That said, I'm on the prowl for a decent P&S and I'd get the Canon G11 but but it's got a bigger body than I'd like. I need it pocketable size and so far find the offerings in P&S cameras dreadful.</p>

<p>Frank, I have a similar JVC to you, and as you describe, find that the still quality is so horrible I think its criminal to describe it as "able to shoot stills" at all. But... what I will say in defense of the sensor on those video cameras is that the noise culprit there is probably really horrible NR algorithms on the camera itself. I think a monkey could have done better than JVC. If you dropped the sensor off at your local zoo, I think the apes might be able to work up a better 9MP image than JVC did, and since they don't know much about the value of money, would probably work for free.</p>

<p>Incidentally, if you did that, the camera would probably smell a lot worse coming from the Apes than JVC, but some things are worth the extra headache.</p>

<p>All that said, I don't think a small sensor could touch a full frame, APS-C, or 4/3 sensor for noise. Or more accurately, it's entirely possible to make pictures off a good sensor look bad, but much harder or impossible to make pictures from a bad sensor look good.</p>

<p>I think I'm looking at getting a Panasonic LX3 or a Ricoh GRIII. Although I'm not 100% sure but I don't believe the Ricoh has zoom, which bugs me and is why I don't want a DPx from Sigma (well, that and the fact that their sensors stink). I really like my GF1 but it's not pocketable. If the LX3 is even close in quality and functionality, I'm all over it, even with more noise.</p>