Sagging Bellows

wmwhee

<p>I have exposed five sheets of film in a new-for-me used Korona 810 camera. The most recent two sheets show an area of unexposed film along the top edge of the negative (at least 1/2" wide at its widest), as though the bellows is blocking the path of light to the film. What is the best way to address this problem? How do others among you provide support for sagging bellows? Thanks. Bill </p>

<p>Generally, you can find something to stick under the bellows to hold it up. This is easiest as you can rest whatever you use right on the base/rails of the camera. This method doesn't put any stress on the standards, but you could also look at something from the top, but more complicated IMO.</p>

<p>Folding your darkcloth and placing it between the bellows and camera base is a quick and easy way to alleviate the sag.</p>

<p>Many older cameras came with a D ring or two attached to the top of the bellows with a post on the top of the front standard, one would hook the D ring on the top of the front standard post which pulled the slack of the bellows forward and eliminated it.</p>

<p>A similar thing you see on some older cameras is the little tags on each side of the bellows about halfway up. These have small metal links which connect to tabs on the front standard. The pull on the front standard is reduced by having the tags halfway up the bellows rather than at the top. </p>

<p>Great ideas. Thanks. As it turns out, the bellows on my camera has cloth tabs, or what used to be tabs (no longer usable), on each of two sides of the bellows. In the future, I will need to improvise when I used the camera. I may practice without film in the camera. Thanks again.</p>