Runway Photography

jdengo

<p>Dear friends,</p>

<p>I've just been invited to cover a Runway this Wednesday. As this will be my first time, I am looking for pointers or any advise you might think is useful. The venue is a big salon in a Hotel and the event is for approximately 1000 people. I expect "artistic lightning", implying that there will be a lot of changes, colors, intensity, etc.<br>

I own a Nikon D700 (with battery pack) and the following lenses that I intend to bring: 70-200VR Nikon 2.8 and 24-70 Nikon 2.8, and have a couple more that I just think would not cut it under low light conditions. Additionally, I have to flash units, one Metz and the SB900 (probably I will carry both). I am not sure (I am awaiting confirmation from the organizer) that flash will be allowed. If not, my approach will be to increase the ISO to 800, 1600 or 2500, shoot in manual priority mode, probably between 1/80 to 1/250, and shoot open at f2.8 or f3.5. That makes sense?<br>

Please let me know any additional advise. I will try to speak ahead of the event with the designers to find out the way in which the want to see their work displayed.<br>

Thank you as always!!!</p>