Rolleiflex 2.8E stock screen

george_daneliya

<p>My Rollei 2.8E (the first model - waistlevel is not removable) has a focusing screen with the grid lines and split-image in the center (Doden wedges). The image in the viewfinder is darker a bit in the corners, but not considerably darker. So, I wonder, is it a normal stock screen? Or the screen was changed by the previous owner(s)?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance,<br>

Georgy </p>

<p>The original screen on my 2.8E did not have a split image rangefinder. I had it replaced with a Rolleiclear screen [AFAIK the first "bright screen] in 1965. That screen has a split image RF and is quite bright in the corners. There are even better bright screens available now.</p>

<p>The original screen was a fine grained ground glass with grid lines.</p>

<p>There was an accessory fresnel lens, called "Rolleigrid", that fit the camera. It had a clear spot in the center. Some people changed the ground glass for the later F-model plastic screen with built in fresnel lens and split-image. It had to be cut to fit, but had the same thickness as the original screen. It's probably the "Rolleiclear" that Robert Marvin mentions. If it looks like this, it is: http://johnsrolleionlypage.homestead.com/2.8F_White_Face_2_4._Screen_resize.jpg</p>

<p>Thank you, guys!</p>

<p>It seems I have a Rolleiclear screen in my 2.8E - it looks like on the picture in the link - grid lines with split image.</p>

<p>Buy the way, does Rolleiclear has a built in fresnel lens? I've just ordered Rolleigrid to improve it, but maybe it's not necessary...</p>

<p> </p>