Rollei 3.5 F

<p>I am having a real Rollei month, and I do love them, so time to air out the 3.5F which I haven't used in quite a while. My 3.5 is the youngest Rollei that I own, but oddly enough it is also the first one that I bought.<br>

I acquired this in the late seventies, it cost an arm and a leg even then, but it was a purchase that I never regretted as it really delivers and has even kept it's value!<br>

My 3.5 has the Planar lens, and it is a wonderful thing, but to be quite honest the Xenotar is just as good, as is the Tessar on lesser models if you close then down a bit. The Planar has kept the collector interest though, which is great if you want to sell one, but a pain if you are buying.<br>

Like Leicas, I do believe that Rolleis for the most part are very over valued...shame, as they are such wonderful things to actually take pictures with and should not be shelf Queens.<br>

Anyway, I just shot a few at Short Point where I often walk the dogs...the light was nice and the Rollei easy to carry.</p>

<div>00dGjL-556565284.jpg.afdbc545a5e978f03fe0924c357553c0.jpg</div>

You do know how to tempt a guy. Between the Olympus E-M1, Leica M4 and Contax IIA outfits I don't have enough time

to shoot them all, but having a Rollei again and doing the processing myself would sure be a lot of fun. It'd be interesting

just trying to process a film that size..never done it before. Back when, the film all went to the local pro lab, that's still there

but no longer does film processing.

I love the contrast you captured in these images.

<p>Lovely capable camera. Sorry but I have to disagree with you with regards to the lesser ones. Everyone always told me that the Tessar or its Sneidar equivalents are lovely too, my Xenar was no were near as sharp as the Tessar. So I sold it. If and when I can afrod one I shall definitely buy a Planar version. These are lovely images.</p>

<p>Hi again,<br /><br />Some of my Rolleiflex pics can also be seen here:<br /><br />https://www.flickr.com/photos/esakivivuori/with/5568618629/<br /><br /><br>

(Rolleiflex 2.8F, Fujichrome Provia 100F) From up to bottom:<br /><br />- Sakasti Tapiolan kirkko www<br />- 06 Tapiola church<br />- 05 Tapiola church<br />- 04 Tapiola church<br />- 03 Tapiola church<br />- 02 Tapiola church<br /><br />BR <br /><br />Esa</p>

<p> </p><div>00dGnV-556576384.jpg.067bc64f36c81b0532d4d945985a9562.jpg</div>

<p>I've owned several Rolleiflexes over the years. A 2.8C and D, one with Xenotar and one with Planar, and then two MX-EVS models -- I sold the first to buy the second one, which I kept for almost 20 years. In a moment of weakness, telling myself I'd never use it again (I get like that sometimes), I sold it. It was almost mint and I got good money for it, but dang, I still miss it.</p>

<p>Well, I can't easily afford Rolleiflexes anymore, so what I did to slake my thirst for a 6x6 twin-lens was to buy a Yashica Mat 124. Not the "G" model that seems to go for more than it's worth, but the plain 124, which is basically the same, except it's got more metal and a lot less plastic than the G. And I must say that I'm hard pressed telling the difference in image quality between this 124 and my old Rollei 3.5s. Still wish I wouldn't have sold that last Rollei though.</p>

<p>A bit late to the party, but excellent work Tony! The tonality is really beautiful, you definitely got the Planar, film and chemical bond together. I should get my 3.5F Planar out more often: I got distracted by my newly acquired 2.8C Xenotar. </p>

• 1 month later...