Replacing a non-weather sealed mount w/ weather sealed

scrivyscriv

<p>I didn't find any relevant information on this with a quick Google and site search but I welcome any links to existing threads or topics.</p>

<p>I have an 80-200 f2.8L with a really scratched up lens mount, from what looks like a previous attempted repair. I've been considering replacing it with an upgraded, weather sealed gasket mount like on the 70-200 f/2.8 or similar. Other lens weather sealing is irrelevant at this point.<br />Has anyone ever seen that done?<br>

I have parts lists for several lenses that have the weather sealed mount I want, but I don't know which mount would fit my 80-200. The rear element sizes all seem pretty standard in each class but I don't own them to physically compare.<br>

Photos of your weather sealed rear lens mount with the lens type info would be greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>Mostly photogs here. Not too many camera repair & mod types on this board. The most common discussed mod is using an old cheap EF zoom to swap with an EF-s 18-55 for 10D use.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>Fair enough. I've done the 18-55 mod myself and since this lens mount swap is actually much simpler and less destructive than the typical 18-55 10D mod, I hoped there would be more information out here than there apparently is.</p>