Repair perplexity

<p>Does anyone here have recent experience of getting a classic camera repaired by Ken Ruth at Photography at Bald Mountain?<br>

Based on repeated mentions of him on this forum, in early October i did send over to him a Super Ikonta of mine. The first contacts were extremely rapid, nice and efficient. He immediately acknowledged receipt, and a very few days later he presented a detailed description of the problems he had identified with the camera, what he intended to do to solve them, and a cost estimate. But after I did agree to his proposals, something like the Iron Courtain fell.´<br>

I haven't received any further e-mail from him. Repeated (and very respectful) e-mails from my part, asking for the courtesy of an estimate about repair completion, went unanswered. I did phone him a couple of times - in both cases he said he was out of his office, couldn't tell my anything, but would send me an e.mail as soon as he was back, click. No e-mail.<br>

I have no reason to doubt his professional correctness, but I'm, say, perplexed. Is this his normal way to behave? I could live with that, provide I know it.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Ezio,</p>

</blockquote>

<p>As a person who needs help once in a while from the repair technicians I share your concern. I suggest that you post same question in the camera repair forum: <a href="http://www.kyphoto.com/cgi-bin/forum/discus.cgi">http://www.kyphoto.com/cgi-bin/forum/discus.cgi</a>. IMHO there is a better chance of that name showing up in discussions there plus you can use their search feature to look up his name. Good luck</p>

<p>I had Ken do a lens rebuild for me a couple of years ago which included changing to other mounts, building mechanisms and collimating the lens. His demeanor was thoroughly professional, but like many overworked repair experts, he was occasionally difficult to get hold of. I was happy I had asked most of my questions in advance. In the end, he did a marvelous job, on time and at estimated cost. Perhaps he was away during the holiday season.</p>