Raynox....(gasp) on Yashica 124G

User_6502147

<p>Just got 124G in a nearly mint condition and I was looking at something and Raynox lens sort of distracted me. Apparently there are variety of these attachment lenses and I was wondering if it would be worth my time(and expense) to get one....I mean, either wide angle or even fish-eye. <br>

Has anyone tried any of these on 124G (or similar) and would discuss what they thought of it. I think I could attach this lens to 52mm step up ring, though I was wondering about the IQ. Would it be better to look for the Yashica attachment lenses ? Thanks.</p>

<p>Les</p>

<p>If you wanted interchangeable lenses maybe a Yashicamat wasn't the right choice of camera?</p>

<p>There are at least three issues with using Raynox or any other make of supplementary lenses on a TLR.<br>

1) Fitting the things to the Yashica lens front bayonet. I'm not sure if an adapter is available and the distance from camera lens to adapter is critical.<br>

2) Real-time viewfinding and focusing won't be easy (or may be imposssible), since the focus will shift a little with a front-lens attachment in place and the diameter of the adapters may preclude fitting them to both the viewing and taking lens simultaneously.<br>

3) Image quality will drop to the equivalent of a box Brownie.</p>