Raleigh, NC nature photographers

scott h

I tried this a few years ago but circumstances (new daughter and son)

lead me to drop photography for a couple years so we never all got

together. So here we go again.

I am looking for nature photographers in the Raleigh/RTP area

interested in getting together and organizing daytrips and local

trips. I have sold my medium format gear and gone to Canon digital.

I do a lot of landscape and macro. I recently purchased a 600mm to

do more bird/wildlife photography. Any one interested let me know.

Samples of my work are at www.skylightimaging.com (until the site is

redesigned at the end of the year) and www.pbase.com/smhoer

Hi Scott. My name is Matthew Cromer<br><br>

I live in Wake County south of Raleigh. <br><br>

I know about 3 or 4 others who live in Raleigh or Wake county.<br><br>

I shoot mostly landscape with the occasional wildlife or macro shot. You can check out

my stuff on pbase at <a href = "http://www.pbase.com/sdaconsulting">my gallery</a>.

Pbase has been slow the past several days so be patient.<br><br>

Come on over to NPN's SENP (southeast nature photographer) regional group and

introduce yourself. We have several Raleigh folks who post there:<br><br>

<a href = "http://forums.naturephotographers.net/6/ubb.x?

a=frm&s=8306088241&f=1826080172">SENP group</a><br><br>

I think I'll take a look at your pictures after I submit this post.

I really enjoyed the images at your website. As soon as I saw the fall shot I thought "That

looks like a shot I wanted to do at Lake Crabtree but never managed to take yet". And

sure enough I clicked through, and that's where you took it.

I do a fair amount of local photography but my outing opportunities are pretty much

limited to an afternoon here or there during the week. I've got two kids myself and most

weekends I spend with family. When I get a free weekend I tend to go up to the mountains

or to the beach and do landscape photography there, often with folks from the NPN SENP

group.

When I shoot landscape around here for a day trip or afternoon I go occasionally to

Umstead Park, to the JC Raulston arboretum to shoot frogs, to Lake Johnson and Duke

Gardens to shoot ducks, landscape at Raven Rock, Eno River state park, or Duke Forest

(Korstian Division, usually at Laurel Bluffs) or a bit farther to Weymouth Woods in Southern

Pines. Always open to new spots if you have some local areas you recommend.

I'd be interested in getting together to shoot locally for an afternoon during the week, and

I'll make sure to announce our NPN gatherings here in advance. We try to get together

several times a year at photographically interesting times and places, usually within a 5-6

hour drive of Raleigh.

Thanks guys.

I posted this same at the SENP site as I am a member of NPN. I am also a member of CNP so look forward to hearing more about the Raleigh Chapter. Matthew, just took some Duck shots at Duke Gardens Sunday morning. Ralston Gardens is my favorite macro location

Scott, I believe I saw you at Duke Gardens on Sunday. I was shooting a 4X5 camera on the dam while you were shooting the ducks. I live in Cary and shoot a variety of subjects from macro to birds to scenics. I shoot 35mm, 645 medium format, and 4X5. I'd be happy to go out with you and the group sometime.

Hello Scott.

I'm also in the area (Burlington) but have a very young daughter keeping me closer to home than usual. Pre-daughter most of my work was macro (especially herpes) but I also shoot a wide variety of subjects up to landscapes. I would normally like to join up with Y'all too, but I think that isn't going to happen for a while. I would though at sometime like to get back involved with a regional nature photography club. I used to belong in one in Minnesota (a really active excellent bunch). Any word on one in the area?