Pro Photography labs in the South West, UK

Thanks for the advice - I'll give them a call. I also forgot to mention that I'm looking for labs that can do enlargements from the negatives (especially medium format) - maybe hand-printed, up to about 20 by 16 inches. Or alternatively if there are any colour darkrooms anyone knows of in this area, where I could print them myself. Thank you.

Liz,

If you want hand printing, the only people I know of are Gwent Colour 2 Ltd, 01633 874613. They're near Newport, which is a bit of a hike for you if you need to get there often - not to mention the fiver for the bridge. There MUST be some setup in Bristol where you can rent space - Is there still a gallery space at the Watershed? - they may know of a council sponsored darkroom facility(bring your own chemicals!).

Depends whether youre doing colour or B+w really, if it's B+W then there is a much stronger case for hand printing. If you do mostly colour then you might as well go to the digital "dark" side and widen your choices a lot.

In that vein, you might want to check out www.digitalab.co.uk in Sunderland - They have a Lightjet, and thir prices are reasonable. If you're sending a cd in the post, then it doesn't really matter that much about geography.

regards

Duncan Trebilcock