Printing problem with Epson Sure Color P800

<p>I have a six month old P800 that has been printing well, til now. It will print some files in nearly a perfect match to the monitor. On some it prints dark and with an almost greenish color cast. I used the same paper with each. I have cleaned the print head, even though the test print was clear. I have calibrated it with ColorMunki. Those two tasks made no difference. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.</p>

<p>I expect you've already done this, but just in case, let's eliminate the obvious: have you double-checked both the printer profile setting in the program you are using to send the image to the printer and the printer profile setting in the printer setup? In the Photoshop print dialog I typically set the profile to the paper I'm using and in the printer dialog I turn off the printer's color management.</p>

<p>In driver color management is usually a bad idea with Epsons (and probably anything else). There details beyond that. What paper are you using? What profile are you using (and what is the filename)? And what printer settings are you using? If you get any of those lined up slightly wrong the process goes awry. Matching a screen for comparison may be impractical usually your whitepoints are different so your eyes have to adjust anyway. I've noticed darker prints often look drastically different depending on how much light is available.</p>

<p>Excuse me for butting in, but my Epson R3000 does not show Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy as an option. It shows Premium Photo Glossy.<br>

I currently have the matte black selected, but I don't recall there being a problem with glossy prints being off.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>It tells me to have the printer manage colors etc</p>

</blockquote>

<p>You want Photoshop (Application) manages color and you want to select the <strong>correct</strong> ICC Profile for that paper (and proper printer driver settings/media settings). <em>Printer Manages Color</em> isn't the same and it's not designed nor intended for soft proofing or matching output to the display. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

• 4 weeks later...
<p>Steve, I had similar issues; if you use Mac and upgraded the OS, your driver may be malfunctioning. I upgraded to the latest OS before Epson upgraded their driver for the P800. I ended up with a couple of corrupted profile files. The solution at that time was to reinstall the driver, and Epson upgraded the driver within a week of my contacting tech support.</p>