printerest scammers harvest photos from photo.net ?

frank_skomial

<p>I really do not care if photos from photo.net are pined on the printerest.com pinup site or not, but openning any photo from Top-Rate photos will get returning (or previous web address) redirected to the assets.printerest.com, and make it dificult to navigate the photo.net pictures.</p>

<p>Try this: GALLERY then to Photo Gallery Main, then to Top Rated pictures.<br /> Select a picture to see it a bit enlarged. After viewing try to use the Internet Explorer browser back arror, that you would expect to close the picture and bring you back to the previous page of pictures thumbs from the Top Rated selection.</p>

<p>If you cannot return where you were supposed to, right mouse click on the back arror in the top left corner of the IExplorer, and see where your browsing was redirected. Just below the scammed assets.printerest.com you will see the Top-Rated Photographers.. link that was your very last link you used, and you were expecting to return there, BUT the interception of this by plugging another web address prevents you from getting back the easy way.</p>

<p>I wonder if this is a common problem ? an improvement to host pictures there? or some virus on my computer or hosting server?</p>

<p>Other web browsers do not have this "feature" and operate photo.net as expected.<br /> I guess the Microsoft Internet Explorer is easier to faulter.</p>

<p>I almost never use IE because it's slow, but did try it just now to check Frank's reported bug. Sure enough, the IE browser back button defaults to a Pinterest link. It appears to be related to the "Pin It" button malfunctioning with IE, which has been reported elsewhere online recently: assets.pinterest.com/pidget.html and a number presumably assigned to the photo.</p>

<p>I wouldn't describe it as "scammers harvesting photos" from photo.net. Photo.net provides Pinterest buttons for folks who enjoy using it. It appears to just be a bit of buggered code that's not working with IE. It works fine with Firefox and Chrome.</p>

<p>By the way, if you right-click on the IE back button arrow you should see a drop-down with a selection of choices based on your recent browsing history. That would include returning to the Top Rated Photos page rather than the Pinterest link.</p>

<p>I spent a little more time in the ratings queue. It is happening with great regularity. When I click on an image that I may rate to view it larger, I can't get back to the ratings screen with my back button without click and hold on the back button and going down the history. This will likely cause a problem with raters that don't know to do that so total number of ratings will probably go down. Hope there is a way Photonet can fix it.</p>