Pricing question

seven

<p>Hi, I was hoping for some guidelines on what to quote for an image i.r.o. the following job :</p>

<p><em>"We would be looking to take a high-resolution image of your print,<br /> blown-up in size (dimensions will vary, but around 3'ft in length),<br /> manipulated as necessary (for composition, color adjustment, etc.), and applied to non-paper-based substrates (most<br /> likely vinyl prints). We work in the architectural industry. Print<br /> runs would most likely be small (one prototype if unsuccessful, less than ten if sent to a small collection; if extremely<br /> well-received, we could be doing a larger print run, and may have to renegotiate the licensing terms)."</em></p>

<p>The company which has approached me is : <a href="http://www.mozdesigns.com/grid_compositions.html"> here</a></p>

<p>The image in question is :<a href="http://johncowburn.ning.com/photo/2319890:Photo:168?context=album&albumId=2319890%3AAlbum%3A801">Rusticate</a></p>

<p>I would be grateful for any input.</p>

<p>John (Seven)<em><br /> </em></p>

<p>They do recognize that they are offering to but a license from you. They also want the freedom to substantially alter your image. So, in the end, is it really your image anymore?<br>

There is much here that need to be discussed and clarified before any actual quote can be made......get a clearer understanding, in writing, as to what exactly they are offering to purchase before coming to any decisions...regards, Bob</p>

<p>Wow, that's a tough one.</p>

<p>It sounds as if they want to do a test, then a short production run of ten or less.</p>

<p>Then, if those are successful, renegotiate additional usage.</p>

<p>I think I'd get more detail on what they charge for their product. The initial 'test' usage (up to ten) could be a percentage of their 'price', but I have no idea what that might be.</p>

<p> </p>