Praktica B (Bayonet) mount and Pentax K mount similar?

JDMvW

I've googled not only this site, but more widely. The consensus seems to be that

the K mount and the B mount are "very similar" as someone put it about a year

ago, but I can't find anything more definitive.

I got a Pentax K T-mount out of my little box and it does fit on a Praktica B

mount camera and even the pin locks in, though the mount seems a little loose.

Some makers of Pentax K to EOS adapters, seem to to hint, but not very

explicitly, that the adapter will also allow use of Praktica B lenses on the the

EOS.

Just looking at the actual bayonet flanges on the Praktica B, the size of some

of these seems to differ even among Praktica mounts (such as a M42>B adapter

compared to a B lens mount).

Obviously the B mount has the electric lens connections pioneered by Praktica in

the EE series, but can K lenses be used manually on Praktica B models? Or can

Praktica B lenses be used on K bodies?<div>00MJZe-38089184.jpg.39ae5a5d8c3546ceabdd681e47652736.jpg</div>

Clearly, this is going to be a really hot topic. But for the sake of the archive, I'll post this update.

I got my Pentax K>EOS adapter. The K T-mount I had fits loosely on this too, so I may be beginnning to understand why I got it so cheaply from a surplus site (bought "pentax," got K instead of screw mount). I still don't have the K-mount lens I ordered although I expect it shortly. In the meantime, I tried to mount a Praktica B lens onto the K>EOS adapter, and it will not quite mount. The B mount flanges appear to be just a fraction too thick.

The lens I had ordered that was supposed to be a K-mount lens turned out to be a T-mount lens with a Nikon mount on it and an Asahi rear lens cap. Actually, tho' I didn't suspect the Nikon part, I was pretty sure it was a T-mount. In any case, I can't try to mount the K lens on the various bodies as I had thought I might, so this non-starter thread goes down to oblivion quietly and with no real resolution.