PPhoto Exhibition: Prague Through the Lens of the Secret Police

tsypkin

<p>For those who live in the Washington, D.C., area, this is a very unusual photo exhibit:<br>

http://www.wilsoncenter.org/index.cfm?topic_id=1409&fuseaction=topics.event&event_id=543359<br>

"The photo exhibition <em>Prague through the Lens of the Secret Police</em> features a selection of never before seen photographs and films of "subjects of interest" taken secretly by the Czechoslovak State Security Service's Surveillance Directorate ." </p>

<p>cool, I'm close so I will go.</p>

<p>I worked in Prague in 2004, after leaving Ekaterinburg. My drinking work friend from Romania laughed and laughed at me.</p>

<p>I got to Russia in August and no clothes, in Febuary it was f'ing cold. I went to Prague in the spring with Russian winter clothes. My friend Doru laughed at the crew, he liked to go out with me because the Russian hookers left us alone because he said I was dressed like a Mafia guy. A taxi driver in Ekat dressed me, Swedish hat, Russian coat.</p>

<p>Going to brew pubs to eat pig knuckels always got a laugh when the waiter said dobridyn comrade and I replied dude I'm from California. Life is psycho.</p>

<p>Doru would not say say what it was like when Romania convulsed, he told me a single war story.</p>

<p>The Cold War was my war, as a vet that is. 9th SRW (SAC) and 7th MWS. I was just a pud E-5, but damn.</p>

<p>The customer techs always tex'd me locations of traffic radar from Brno to Prague. There seemed to still be cat and mouse thoughts.</p>

<p> </p>