Power Winder A

charles_parker4

• 2 weeks later...
<p>Ditto what Mark said. It isn't uncommon to see the Winder A sell for $10 or so on eBay. Better: get an A2. You might have to pay a bit more for it -- like $20 -- but it is a better designed unit. Both the A and the A2 take 4 AA batteries and wind the film at 2fps. But while the A has that problematic battery holder latch -- and in your case a broken battery contact -- the A2's battery holder is secured by a flat-head screw that takes a coin to loosen and tighten. Much more secure and a much better electrical connection. Plus the winder was redesigned to be wider and not as tall. The A2's wider base helps the camera stay upright when you set it down. The Winder A is a bit unsteady in comparison.</p>

• 2 years later...
<p>Hi, I am not sure if anyone is still watching this thread, but I to just acquired a Canon Power Winder A with a broker battery contact. However, mine does not ever work when it is loaded w/ fresh batteries - no indicator light and will not work on the camera. Are there other ways to test if it is operational? I can tell that a previous owner left the old batteries in too long and they corroded the inside terminals. I only spent a few $$ on it and have already ordered a A2 winder, but I would like to get this one fixed and sell on. Any ideas. </p>