Postprocessing Challenge March 25, 2017

Michael, a nice shot and it appears to be one of the many food trucks in Austin, Texas. I know Torchy's has several locations in Austin. I did a few minor edits in LR (shadows, highlights, leveling, etc) then used NIK's Color Efex Pro 4 for a bit of tonal contrast.1445057_0e7d3cc4711112e4818d69f4a77ac5db.thumb.jpg.ea72901cd8c1a765e24c385ee2e01e7d.jpg
  • Like 1

Michael, a nice shot and it appears to be one of the many food trucks in Austin, Texas. I know Torchy's has several locations in Austin. I did a few minor edits in LR (shadows, highlights, leveling, etc) then used NIK's Color Efex Pro 4 for a bit of tonal contrast.[ATTACH=full]1180544[/ATTACH]

Glad you liked the shot, Bill.

I worked with your image in Macphun Tonality, converting to B&W, adding HDR filter 50%, lens blur 50%, Vignette, Golden Sun toning. I was after an old film camera look.

[ATTACH=full]1180547[/ATTACH]

Interesting treatment, Howard. I just experimented a bit with the challenge image by converting to b&w, and then applying a sepia filter in PSE15. The result looks somewhat like your version.

This is kinda ridiculous, I know, and subverts the theme of a nice photo, [ATTACH=full]1180790[/ATTACH] but I was wondering what it would look like if the large man were holding the umbrella over his head. Just a bit of cropping, cloning, and blending in Photoshop CS5.

Nice one Glenn, great humour great technique.

Michael thanks for posting this weeks challenge. Cropped in LR, opened in Silver Efex, increased exposure on serving window and added vignette centered on the window..

Gerald.

[ATTACH=full]1180626[/ATTACH]

The b&w treatment, coupled with the vignetting, adds another dimension to the image.