Post Production Challenge August 8, 2020

Discussion in 'Digital Darkroom' started by PuntaColorada, Aug 8, 2020.

1. There are no rules as to how you apply your post processing to this image; but, please let us know what you have done so we can all learn.
    If you would like to post a candidate image next week, please ensure it is of sufficiently high resolution for manipulation by the participants (3000px on the long side, 300dpi for example).

Rhea as seen at Estación de Cría de Fauna autóctona Cerro Pan de Azúcar near Piriápolis.

2 rhea.jpg

2. Oh, this has so much scope to play around with, @PuntaColorada, I love it! In your photographic career, you must been truly prescient that you might someday need a sub-collection of photos that would be fun as a future challenge for post-processing! @Glenn McCreery too. Many thanks to you both.

michaellinder and PuntaColorada like this.
  3. Birds1a58d-1.jpg
    Used PS CS6
    Cropped image, adjusted color and saturation. Used the Bandaid tool to remove the wires.

4. Cropped in LR..... 1616749_488d0cfdb7747d9babf05f5f08f1a58d.jpg

5. Changed perspective a bit and used a sketch plugin.
    forupload.jpg

6. Birds1a58d-bw.jpg
    Using PS CS6, copy and pasted a picture of a cheetah from the internet on to the image. Converted to B&W. Cropped the image.

7. I felt that these birds could use a bit more color. Here are 2 ideas Ostriches5.jpg
    Ostriches4.jpg

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  8. Sorry for double posting. I tried to edit my 1st post but ran into the 15 min. limit. I then checked the thread but couldn't see my 1st post. I assumed it had got lost so I reposted both photos.

michaellinder likes this.
  9. Sure, sure... I thought that you were showing off, which is okay in this thread! ;-)

michaellinder and mikemorrell like this.
  10. ppc birds.jpg
    I selected the birds using Topaz Remask 5 and then looked for a suitable background. After a couple of attempts, I decided that Punta's PPC from June 20 was a good one. I added a cloud layer to the mostly blank sky and a bit of color to the Rhea's plumage, although not as colorful as Mike's versions.

11. Punta, you came through again! A few days ago, I had prepared 4 versions, each different from the 2 others. My senility unfortunately doesn't allow me to remember the steps I took in creating them. Sigh . . . Here's the 1st.

ppcostriches2.jpg

12. Double post - sorry

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  13. #4 (My favorite, involving a quasi-artistic touch)

ostriches6.jpg

PuntaColorada and luis triguez like this.
  14. Curves and channels adjustments.

birds.jpg

PuntaColorada likes this.