Post Processing Challenge October 17, 2020

Discussion in 'Digital Darkroom' started by PuntaColorada, Oct 17, 2020.

1. There are no rules as to how you apply your post processing to this image; but, please let us know what you have done so we can all learn.
    If you would like to post a candidate image next week, please ensure it is of sufficiently high resolution for manipulation by the participants (3000px on the long side, 300dpi for example).

Most of all, let's have fun while we are learning or demonstrating how we use our post-processing software, imaginations and interpretations.

Display in the 'powder room' at Fortaleza Santa Teresa, Rocha Department, Uruguay. _DSC5840.jpg

2. Minor adjustments in LR. Added tonal contrast in NIK 1625739_fe744b615da0e4cc5c0cda98a6f153d9.jpg

3. Photoshop: Removed rope and stand; Cropped image; Brightened wall display and barrels; Darkened figure face and hands; Darkened window; added an over-all S-curve. Powder Room.jpg

4. I played with a gradient map for color and contrast, an inverted channel for highlights correction.

soldder.jpg

5. Thanks, Punta! B/W, painted and adjusted in ACR.
    finished-1.jpg

6. 1625739_fe74a6ft.jpg
    I decided to have him stand guard outside. He's been inside too long.
    Copied an image of a gate online, selected to soldier from the original image and pasted him at the gate, adjusted size and colors to fit using PS CS6.

7. Thou shalt not pass my lightsabers! Started out with Topaz Glow, then enhanced with Oniric and Infinite Radiance Panel (two PS plugins). future.jpg

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020