Post Processing Challenge May 22, 2021

Discussion in 'Digital Darkroom' started by PuntaColorada, May 22, 2021.

1. There are no rules as to how you apply your post processing to this image; but, please let us know what you have done so we can all learn.
    If you would like to post a candidate image next week, please ensure it is of sufficiently high resolution for manipulation by the participants (3000px on the long side, 300dpi for example).

Most of all, let's have fun while we are learning or demonstrating how we use our post-processing software, imaginations and interpretations.

With lots of coast and plenty of wind, Uruguay has many excellent sailors. As for expat photographers.....
    DSC_6483.jpg

2. Just a general clean-up: tone and color correction; added a bit of blue to the water; curves adjustment with gradient mask to darken right side slightly.

Sailing - mike.jpg

3. Hi, just minor adjustments in LR, WB, Crop, Open shadows and curve adjustment.
    PPC-Final-22.05.2021 (1 of 1).jpg

4. Blueish gradient.
    sailor.jpg

5. This version sailed through SNS-HDR and a couple of painting programs, followed by some of the basic adjustments in ACR.
    boat.jpg

6. ppc impression sailboat 2.jpg
    Impression Sailboat - after Claude Monet. I started by cloning out the tree in the foreground, then used Topaz Simplify "impressionistic painting" settings, then blended with what I thought would be a suitable Monet background.

7. GC, welcome back!

8. All work done in PSE2020. Cropped. Applied impressionist brush to darken the entire frame. Dodged area of sailboat. Used desaturate tool on the areas framing sailboat. Sharpened.

ppc sailboat.jpg

9. In LR: cropped; B&W conversion; adjusted according to colour. PS: inverted; blending mode to difference; stroked border white. Kinda has a weird IR feel.
    PPC May 22 2012.jpg

10. Red sails in the sunset
    Way out on the sea
    Oh, carry my loved one
    Home safely to me

I've been playing my mom's old piano sheet music, so this version came to mind. Unfortunately, with my layers the sailors appear to return only in memory. Alas.

sad.jpg

11. Ray House

Ray House Ray House

12. Can't have too many blue versions. :) Not sure how I ended up with this, but I like it. daboat2.jpg

13. I forgot to mention what I did for the picture above. Basically I cut the sailboat out of the original picture using PS CS6 and pasted it on to the image of sailboats in Sydney Harbor. I added waves and the wake using the clone tool to make the boat look likes it's moving in the water.

PuntaColorada likes this.