Post Processing Challenge, March 27, 2021

Discussion in 'Digital Darkroom' started by Glenn McCreery, Mar 27, 2021.

1. There are no rules as to how you apply your post processing to this image; but, please let us know what you have done so we can all learn.
    If you would like to post a candidate image next week, please ensure it is of sufficiently high resolution for manipulation by the participants (3000px on the long side, 300dpi for example).

Most of all, let's have fun while we are learning or demonstrating how we use our post-processing software, imaginations and interpretations.
    kite surfing 3rd ave.jpg

Kite surfing in San Francisco Bay

2. Thanx for posting, Glenn.
    All done in PS. A B&W adjustment layer @70% with the kites and sign masked, a levels adjustment to darken all but the kites and sign, a Hue/Sat layer to boost them, for the kites and sign, and a border.
    Glenn March 27 202-Edit.jpg

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    igord, mikemorrell, tom_r and 3 others like this.
  3. About the same idea only using OnOne and a bunch of presets without a B&W conversion.
    Glenn March 27 202-Edit-2.jpg

igord, mikemorrell, tom_r and 3 others like this.
  4. Each version is noteworthy. Sorry I can't participate, since I'm away from home and using different software (Pixelmator Pro) on a laptop.

5. Is that the San Mateo Bridge in the background? Maybe taken near the end of 3rd Ave in San Mateo?

6. Yes, 3rd Avenue, with San Mateo Bridge in background.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  7. Before I retired, I worked near there and would go on walks along the Bay trail at lunch. I still live on the peninsula.

8. Hopefully an oldish watercolor look.
    donedonedone.jpg

9. One guy didn't want to get his feet wet. He had been significantly blown off course since he was last seen over Punta Colorada in Uruguay!
    Glenn March 27 202 feet wet.jpg

luis triguez, igord, tom_r and 2 others like this.
  10. I was convinced that I'd posted this on Sunday, but browsing through the thread, I didn't see it.
    kite surfing - mike.jpg

11. Playing with a green channel.

kite.jpg