Post Processing Challenge 6 December 2019

Michael...Michael...Michael... Next time have them stop the car before you take that photo. :) Just kidding. Thanks for the upload.

This version went through an oil paint filter + day-to-night filter, SNS-HDR and saturation + ACR adjustments in PS. How did I beat Bill Boyd to the punch?

WalkwayFinal.thumb.jpg.b3760584e969a243a439e04c3b487358.jpg

Edited by tom_r
  • Like 5

Een abstract 3-color one in PS from me too. Not planned, just played about with it.

- 3 layers, slightly shifted with respect to each other

- each layer has an associated color layer blended into a range of its graytones: green shadows, red mid-tones, yellow highlights

- added in some 'darker contours' using a HPF with threshold, curves and contrast layers

- boosted final saturation and contrast with a ' color harmonizing' bluish color layer at 5%

- got bored and posted:)

999082728_Driveby-mike1.thumb.jpg.5be9cc697029eb9f10bbc2a35b981c72.jpg

• Like 5

Michael...Michael...Michael... Next time have them stop the car before you take that photo. :) Just kidding. Thanks for the upload.

This version went through an oil paint filter + day-to-night filter, SNS-HDR and saturation + ACR adjustments in PS. How did I beat Bill Boyd to the punch?

[ATTACH=full]1320620[/ATTACH]

Hey Tom! I admit that the OP is somewhat OOF. I shot it handheld.

All was done in PS. I first removed the annoying little sign. I sharpened the image using a high pass sharpen. Then I used a motion blur on the whole image and masked the stuff that seemed to survive (at least partially) the physical motion blur of the original image.

1807355465_MotionBluradded.thumb.jpg.8d53d536c975d0a4f8ea4161c831004a.jpg

The second take on this speaks to the choice we all make about out photos. Keep it or delete it? I often wonder if I made the right choice. It is so hard to tell on the camera's small screen even with zooming.

The camera is the back of my D7100 shot with my Sony RX100II. On the D7100, I used manual mode to shoot with the lens cap on. Then I selected the delete photo button while in view mode. Then I put Michael's photo on the screen and used a lighten blend mode to make the Nikon text come through.

874658288_Deletethisphoto.thumb.jpg.7110658ec8e8ca7e1603e27cd98bef27.jpg

• Like 3