Portable Lighting Equipment for newbie

kristo_di_giorio

<p>Dear Experts, I need your help. I mainly do outdoor portraits. I already have an EX580 II and I want to shoot off camera. <br />I need a second cheap speedlight with comparable power (maybe more) to my EX580 II. <br />I am going to put them together at the same lightstand when I need more power. <br />I am living in Greece, so ebay is preferable but not the only way. <br />Please suggest <br />a) Which speedlight should I buy? E-TTL is optional. HSS is necessary. Can I trigger them simultaneously? In the past I had bad experiences with yongnuo. But if there are no other reliable speedlights I will buy again. Maybe Godox is ok? Instead of speedlight, is there any affordable yet portable strobe and combatible with the triggers? <br />b) Which triggers should I buy? (cheap – reliable) <br />c) I need a light and as stable as possible tripod / lightstand. (Ok I know that stability and lightweight cannot be combined easily) <br />d) What is the extra equipment If I want to put the speedlights together on the tripod? <br />e) How can I protect my speedlights in case of tripod falling? Is there anything to cover them as a protection or something? <br />f) What can I put in front of the speedlights to soften the light? <br />Although I am on a tight budget, I do not mind to spend a few more $$ to buy more reliable equipment. <br />Please accept my apologies for the bad English and for posting so many questions.</p>

<p>c) The trick of carrying little and having stability at location is to place extra weight you can easily grab or borrow at the bottom of your stand. - water bags? bags filled with sand / stones you have out there? the camera bag?<br>

e) Mount your speedlights into a styrofoam box used for pizza delivery and mount that box on the light stand? -Carry tape and glue suitable for the styrofoam to fix the box to shoot on.<br>

f) A white shoot through umbrella? - an ordinary white umbrella (sold as rain protection) works too.</p>