Polaroud 360 Battery Mod

I recently bought a Polaroid 360 land camera in pristine condition, the only issue is the battery conversion and a bit of corrosion in the

battery compartment. I know #532 batteries are available to purchase new but they are pricy.

I am looking for used #532 batteries that I could use to modify the compartment to use CR132 batteries since they seem to be a cheaper

though it still has its cons.

I am following the modification tutorial

Since it seems like the easiest way since I have no experience in soldering and what not.

If anyone knows any more efficient modifications for the batteries or know where I can obtain used #532 batteries to use the connectors I

would be much appreciative.

The camera actually came loaded with film and two boxes of expired color pack film from ’74, and an external flash and charger.

I own another functioning land camera and am absolutely in love with pack film, though the price is a bit of a turn off.

<p>Many years ago, I made an adapter using A-A-A(3) batteries in tandem in a plastic tube assuming your required voltage out put is 4.5 volts??? I bought snap connectors and rigged end of tube with appropriate springs harvested from dead ballpoint pens to which the snap connectors can be attached. By the way I recently bought (12) cr123a titanium batteries if you go that route instead, for $15 with shipping from battery junction on the ' net.</p>

<p>If you google some more, you should be able to find a couple of websites that show how to do this with AAA batteries similar to what Paul describes. You don't need parts from a ballpoint pen -- you can buy batteries holders for AAA's and just wire them in. I have one of these cameras and haven't done the modification yet but it's on my to-do list. As I recall, the camera uses two batteries, one for the exposure meter one for the timer. There is one neutral lead (white?) and two hots (red?). I don't see why the two hots can't both be fed by the same set of AAA batteries. Voltage is the same.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I bought a 532 battery from Batterymart.com for $9 or so a year and a half ago for use in a 360 - I've run 14 packs or so through it, and it's still going strong. Depending on the amount of use you're going to be giving the camera, it may not be worth the effort to make the modification. The battery doesn't run down quickly, at least in my experience. Then again, my use has been constrained by how many packs of film I've been willing to buy, and I don't do a lot of long exposures. <br>

<br />The only two issues I had, by the way, are the usual "clip pushing on the plastic fuji film pack" problem, which I solved by swapping out a metal polaroid pack cover onto each fuji pack as I've been putting it in, and the meter was a bit off, probably caused by an age-related increased resistance in the circuit. A couple of layers of mylar antistatic bag over the meter dealt with that. </p>

<p> </p>