Please read.

michaellinder

There have been more than in recent past - IMO of variable abstract "provenance" . Though I posted one or two, Abstract is not usually what I am looking for or see through the finder, so in short supply in current photos or archives. Not terribly fond of PP, so my collection comes up with Abstract pretty much nonexistent .
  • Like 1

ive noticed all the photo forums im on have been very slow lately. maybe cooler wrather is slowing everyone down being busy with priority projects preping for winter? some warmer climes are preping for tourists?

i can say for me, cooler weather means longer walks in the tick n bug free woods.

sandy... PP? bed wetting pp?

The more you say, the less people listen.

There have been more than in recent past - IMO of variable abstract "provenance" . Though I posted one or two, Abstract is not usually what I am looking for or see through the finder, so in short supply in current photos or archives. Not terribly fond of PP, so my collection comes up with Abstract pretty much nonexistent .

I fully understand that abstract work isn't your bag, Sandy; nor does it have to be.

ive noticed all the photo forums im on have been very slow lately. maybe cooler wrather is slowing everyone down being busy with priority projects preping for winter? some warmer climes are preping for tourists?

i can say for me, cooler weather means longer walks in the tick n bug free woods.

sandy... PP? bed wetting pp?

Paul, I would (figuratively only) kill for cooler weather. Low in southern Florida still are in the low 80s, upper 70s.

I just don't understand the reasons for the recent lack of participation, for the last 9 days. Anyone have any thoughts?

Maybe because people are being snapped at for the "abstractness" or not of their posts....?

A search for "purity of essence" has been the death, or bane, of many a forum

Edited by JDMvW
  • Like 1

Maybe because people are being snapped at for the "abstractness" or not of their posts....?

A search for "purity of essence" has been the death, or bane, of many a forum

Maybe “purity of essence” is a deliberate overstatement. If we can’t have a reasonable discussion when a forum is being consistently misrepresented, often by those who innocently post on the topic without even noting it’s the abstract forum they’re posting to, then common sense has been tossed right out the window.

The Nature forum manages to discuss what can and can’t be posted to certain threads and that forum survives. The Street forum has had many such discussions as has Fine Art and Nudes over the years.

Trying to maintain some sense that this is an Abstract forum without going overboard on rules or limitations seems a very reasonable thing to do. And it’s NOT a search for purity of essence.

Edited by The Shadow
There’s always something new under the sun.