Please read.

Discussion in 'Abstract' started by michaellinder, Oct 26, 2018.

1. I just don't understand the reasons for the recent lack of participation, for the last 9 days. Anyone have any thoughts?

2. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Moderator Staff Member

There have been more than in recent past - IMO of variable abstract "provenance" . Though I posted one or two, Abstract is not usually what I am looking for or see through the finder, so in short supply in current photos or archives. Not terribly fond of PP, so my collection comes up with Abstract pretty much nonexistent .

luistriguez likes this.
  3. +1 for Sandy's response.

4. The concept is too abstract.

5. paul ron

paul ron NYC

ive noticed all the photo forums im on have been very slow lately. maybe cooler wrather is slowing everyone down being busy with priority projects preping for winter? some warmer climes are preping for tourists?

i can say for me, cooler weather means longer walks in the tick n bug free woods.

sandy... PP? bed wetting pp?

6. Abstracts are all around us. No PP necessary ...

guggenheim-abstract-shapes_1265-ww.jpg

otislynch and michaellinder like this.
  7. Yet, Gary, I'm firmly convinced that PP works in creating abstract images, though not necessarily all the time. Sadly, since I'm still trying to improve on my camera work, I can't always depend on an in-camera image.

8. I fully understand that abstract work isn't your bag, Sandy; nor does it have to be.

9. Paul, I would (figuratively only) kill for cooler weather. Low in southern Florida still are in the low 80s, upper 70s.

10. Maybe because people are being snapped at for the "abstractness" or not of their posts....?

A search for "purity of essence" has been the death, or bane, of many a forum

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    michaellinder likes this.
  11. Patience, been busy....

don't ring.jpg

12. Just got back from Bhutan, and of course there's nothing abstract there!

bhutan flag abstract.jpg

michaellinder likes this.
  13. Maybe “purity of essence” is a deliberate overstatement. If we can’t have a reasonable discussion when a forum is being consistently misrepresented, often by those who innocently post on the topic without even noting it’s the abstract forum they’re posting to, then common sense has been tossed right out the window.

The Nature forum manages to discuss what can and can’t be posted to certain threads and that forum survives. The Street forum has had many such discussions as has Fine Art and Nudes over the years.

Trying to maintain some sense that this is an Abstract forum without going overboard on rules or limitations seems a very reasonable thing to do. And it’s NOT a search for purity of essence.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  14. If you say so.

15. Shattered car window
    P1020070.jpg

Supriyo and michaellinder like this.
  16. paul ron

paul ron NYC

just how abstract does it have to be?

2004010714.JPG