Pirate Driver documented - a Spy photography.

<p>I spoted a driver chasing children on pedestrian street crossing, sometimes called "Zebra". He does this routinely, few times per day. The street direction divider prevents U_Turn withing 1/2 mile in each direction, so the driver figured to make U_Turn over the pedestrians crossing area. Accident sure will happen if he continues.</p>

<p>Tried to capture his offense with D300S, Nikkor 300/4 AF-S, and B + W F-PRO Circural Polarized (CP).</p>

<p>I used 1/500 sec to freez the fast moving car with the long lens. It was already quite dark outside, so Auto ISO went to ISO 3200. The CP improved picture by removing some or most of car window refletion, but also took away perhaps 2 stops of light. The inside of the car was naturally undeexposed, and much more noise is visible there. Perhaps I shoud compensate exposure to accomodate dark face of the driver inside, or perhaps remove noise by NoiseNinja.<br />Next, I will try 180/2.8 with CP, or 135/2 with CP, and perhaps will try to catch him on a sunny day.<br />Any advice to improve the picture will help.</p>

<p>Please share your experiences shooting in similar scenarios.</p><div>00Ys3L-368077584.jpg.b114b7e7c918e41ef61e420c7b9f6b41.jpg</div>

I think if you're worried about pedestrian safety, the appropriate thing to do is contact the police and tell them the guy's license plate number, make and model of car, and general appearance, and the times you spotted him "chasing children." Trying to get a better photo of him doesn't help anyone.

<blockquote>

<p>I spoted a driver chasing children on pedestrian street crossing, sometimes called "Zebra". He does this routinely, few times per day.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Frankly, I don't believe you. He may be making dangerous and illegal turns, but I doubt he's "chasing children". On the remote chance this is true you should be calling the police immediately and repeatedly, not pissing around trying to take better pictures. The one you have is good enough. Even if he's only making illegal turns and not "chasing children" the police will take some action.</p>

<p>This is roughly equivalent to saying "I just saw a man with a shotgun walk into my local bank. What exposure should I use to get best picture". Ludicrous and trollworthy.</p>

<p>This is roughly equivalent to saying "I just saw a man with a shotgun walk into my local bank. What exposure should I use to get best picture". Ludicrous and trollworthy.<br>

You set your camera on that famous Green rectangle and pay you catch the action and you get everything on your camera that's what it takes since there is no time think at all since you need to follow the action:</p><div>00YsET-368271584.jpg.00a8ae959984804264542a38b7ff565e.jpg</div>