Pinhole Photography

miriam_agron

The body caps can work well on any body... home made or otherwise. For an Xpan I drilled a larger hole and taped one of the 'precision drilled' pinholes from http://www.pinholeresource.com/ although my tin cake pan aperture gives surprisingly sharp results. Your Canon should be able to meter a wide range of scenes and in many cases handheld or holding it against a tree or other surface will work for your longer exposures. Rock solid tripod holds aren't a requirement, take advantage of some motion blur effects with longer exposures. Are you using a digital or film Canon? There are a lot of digital cameras used with last years Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day event http://www.pinholeday.org/ Attached is an image made with the Xpan with a body cap and pinhole, a 2 second exposure, braced against a light pole. Good luck and have fun.<div>00Kkpv-36017084.jpg.0509830763068e7d5a102c3a4aad8bcb.jpg</div>

f/22 will also give you a perfect sensor dust map.

I do not know why anyone would shoot pinhole on a DSLR. You can do the same with a cheapie lens, stopping way down. The quality on the above posted is very poor. If that represents some of the best type of SLR pinhole work then what's the use?

I firmly believe that I can garner some interesting images with a pinhole camera..........right now I'm messing around with a Nikon 7900 and with over 39 years worth of photography behind me I can't get a handle on this camera...........there's so much STUFF on the thing.........who needs it all?

At any rate, I don't plan to print large images with what I get from the pinhole..........5x7 at the most - black and white.