Photoshop and Bridge raw to jpeg conversion problem

mike_doyle2

Hi all

I have just started to use Photoshop CS3 and Bridge to process my raw

(NEF) files, and so far so good.

When using the image processor to convert the NEF files to Jpegs they are

converted as 240ppi, and I want them to be 300ppi as when I used Nikon NX.

Can anyone advise me how I change the ppi to 300 for my processed jpegs?

Many thanks

Mike

When you have an image in ACR, look on the very bottom and you will see the color space, bit depth, resolution, and ppi. Click on that and a window will open that allows you to change things. It doesn't matter what ppi an image is at anyway until you print. Its the same in pixel dimensions whether it's at 240, 300, or 1000.

In PsCs3 , in the top menu bar click once on Photoshop and then go Preferences > Units &

Rulers and in the pane named New Document Preset Resolutions set Print Resolution to

300 pixels/inch.

In Bridge ACR 4.3.1, select one of your NEF files fro ma folder and open it in ACR. Just

beneath the ipreview window you see a line with your processing specs: color space, bit

depth, size and resolution. Click on that line of specs and a new window titled Workflow

Options will open. Choose your preferred Color /Working Space, bit depth, size (there is

your cameras native resolution + 6 interpolated resolutions -- and it seems that generally

speaking applying interpolation here works better than doing so once in photoshop or a

plug-in or a third party program) and of course resolution. Set the resolution to 300

pixels /inch and you are done.

Hi

Thanks for the help, I have now made the settings I require, I knew it would be a simple task, unfortunately being a dinosaur I am finding the learning curve a little difficult after forty years of film.

I have to say that I am enjoying the challenges, though at times it can be frustrating, my next challenge is the D3 that I have on order, and happily I never parted with my favourite lenses, so the full frame will be like going back to my F5 again, only with a digital body.

Anyone in the UK interested in some quality DX glass? regards

Mike