Photos in threads ARE subject to download

Wayne Melia

I just discovered that I can download any (I think, I obviously haven't tried them all) image posted in a discussion thread ie: 'no words'

I am using IE11 on Win 8.1. Just right click, and option: "save image as" appears, and it seems to work.

Viewing photos in members portfolios/galleries does not offer that option: they appear safe, but members should be aware that the images they post in image threads do not appear to be 'safe'.

Can you point to any forum on which it isn't possible to download posted photos one way or another?

No, I cannot. And it doesn't really bother me that much, in the sense that I'm not threatened by the possibility, because mine are not 'valuable' in any particular way.

Not everybody is of the same frame of mind, however, some worry more, for reasons of their own, that vary from real to paranoia.

I mentioned it as an awareness thing, as I was surprised to discover it... initially after PN2.0 we couldn't even include photos from our galleries in thread posts, until the (now defunct) 'my library' was introduced.

It may be an issue for some users.