Photokit Sharpener with Win 10 CC ....

Yes, maybe (depending on version) and no.

My understanding is that Win 10 CC is continuously upgraded (i.e. that it doesn't have versions).

You seem to be accepting that Photokit Sharpener is "redundant with NIK Sharpener" ...do you mean there's no reason to use Photokit instead of NIK Sharpener?

I don't claim to fully understand description of Photokit in its multi-step sharpening workflow...however...NIK Sharpening does seem to address same issues. Am I mistaken?

My understanding is that Win 10 CC is continuously upgraded (i.e. that it doesn't have versions).

Am I mistaken?

Yes you are:

http://digitaldog.net/files/PSVersion.jpg

[quote="terrykelly, post: 5857729, member: 10954370"

You seem to be accepting that Photokit Sharpener is "redundant with NIK Sharpener" Am I mistaken?

It is not redundant and yes, you are mistaken.

I don't claim to fully understand description of Photokit in its multi-step sharpening workflow...however?

I provided the original article that discusses the concept of a sharpening workflow that became PhotoKit Sharpener, I know this and I am fully understanding the product as I'm a co-developer of this product.

I know what's coming in Photoshop as I'm a beta tester (since version 2.5) and I answered your question.

You can if you so desire, download PKS II, for free and see if it works with the current version of CC (whatever VERSION that might be, and now you know how to find out and report that), to see if it will run for you.

This sharpening was BTW, licensed by Adobe and is partially found inside Adobe Camera Raw and Lightroom.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

I absolutely do not accept that premise.

Not a "premise"... you need not "accept" ...simply a question based on an accurate quotation.

I do appreciate that you are highly expert on these matters...thank you for your earlier link...that's why I'm asking questions...

I'm not interested in squabbling. If you'd rather not have feedback or questions, a forum is probably inappropriate.

Back to original question: is Photokit sharpener redundant with NIK Sharpener?

What is potentially (in your highly expert hands) gained with Photokit sharpener Vs NIK Sharpener?

PhotoKit Sharpener is 'built into' ACR and LR in terms of capture and limited output sharpening.

PhotoKit Sharpener in supported versions of Photoshop works on rendered images, has multiple kinds of output sharpening and creative sharpening AND softening effects.

PhotoKit Sharpener may or may not run in YOUR version of Photoshop and as yet, you've provided no data about what you're specifically using and WHEN you might update that version of Photoshop CC. But you know, as I said and will say again, you can download a FREE copy of this product and run your own tests.

Back to original question: is Photokit sharpener redundant with NIK Sharpener?

I unambiguously provided an answer to that original question.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

PhotoKit Sharpener is 'built into' ACR and LR in terms of capture and limited output sharpening.

PhotoKit Sharpener in supported versions of Photoshop works on rendered images, has multiple kinds of output sharpening and creative sharpening AND softening effects.

PhotoKit Sharpener may or may not run in YOUR version of Photoshop and as yet, you've provided no data about what you're specifically using and WHEN you might update that version of Photoshop CC. But you know, as I said and will say again, you can download a FREE copy of this product and run your own tests.

Thanks. Will do.

FWIW Lightroom is (for me) unnecessary.

My Photoshop CC is updated when Dell tells it/me to update. That was yesterday.

My Photoshop CC is updated when Dell tells it/me to update. That was yesterday.

The Creative Cloud application from Adobe on your Dell may tell you when to update or you may or may not have it set for Auto Update.

PhotoKit Sharpener should run for the time being, how long I can't state today under my NDA.

It has versions. Andrew replied about Adobe, but windows has versions. Go to system information, and it's the second line. Mine is version 10.0.18363 Build 18363.