Photography Major from IN

<p>I realize this isn't actually my first post, but I've decided to get more involved here and figured this would be a good place to start.</p>

<p>I'm a photography major at Indiana University with plans to pursue photojournalism/editorial work. I've been an avid photographer since I was thirteen or fourteen, which means I've been going at this for about eight years. Yeah, I guess that makes me a new guy around here, doesn't it? I actually got into photography as a door into filmmaking and I'd still love to work on a documentary, but I think photography is always going to be my first love.</p>

<p>I'm also a part-time web designer (i.e. unpaid hobbyist) and have had countless personal sites, portfolios, blogs, and messageboards over the years. I'm actually in the middle of designing a new portfolio/photoblog right now. Exciting, right? Yeah, I didn't think so.<br>

Yeah, I'd say that about covers it. Fascinating guy, I know.</p>

<p>Thanks, John. I didn't expect to find any other Hoosiers. </p>

<p>Actually, I go to the Gary campus (Indiana University Northwest). I'd prefer to go to the Bloomington campus though. They have the Indiana Daily Student, a well respected independent student paper that's won an award or two.</p>