photography institute online

<p>I was wandering if these courses being advertised are worth the money......does anyone know anything about the photographer or the course...I'm very interested in taking something like this, but I don't want to be scammed or waste my money.</p>

<p>I'm a beginner photographer wanting to take my hobby to the next level. here is a link to the site<br>

www.thephotographyinstitute.com I would appreciate all of your opinions..thanks -Zach-</p>

<p>Hi Zach,<br>

not sure if its the same course that youre looking at but here is a link to a course i recently completed:https://www.thephotographyinstitute.com.au/index.cfm?content=home<br>

its a good course that i recommend to all interested in understanding the technical aspects of photography. That said, its a course geared towards those interested in a career in photography as well. the last 2-3 modules (12 modules in all) are designed to help you get started as a professional photographer.</p>

<p>for me it was, yes. the course begins with an understanding of lens use for certain shoots, progresses through the use of light metering, some post processing work (not a lot but some) and finishes off by helping students understand the use of lighting equipment/ all other equipment useful to someone looking to become a professional photographer. All that said, another option might also be to go to some camera stores near your area which often offer night classes in camera use and basic photography. I use the term 'basic' loosely here because the reality is these courses can be very useful in understanding your camera. Once you have this understanding and play around a little with photoshop, you might find that's all you need to get you going rather than working through a whole course where only some of what is taught is useful Also, you'll find courses run by camera clubs/shops are much much cheaper than the photography institute course.<br>

ultimately what i suggest is this, if you plan on a career in photography then the course is well worth it. if not, it's still a great course but there may be cheaper options out there. I have to say though the online assistance was good, and being able to work at my own pace was also handy, rather than physically having to attend a class (which also has benefits i guess).<br>

if online is your only option seriously consider this course and compare it with others. send emails and get an understanding of what they all offer before you decide.<br>

good luck Zach</p>