Photography Book

paolo_pescia

<p>Hallo, i'm Paolo, i want to begin a photography school and I'm learning on my own at the time, I have just finished to read the book understanding exposure by Bryan Peterson. I would like to have your advise about another book i should read to begin.<br>

Thanks very much<br>

Kind regards<br>

Paolo</p>

<p>Paolo<br>

I want to strongly support Bruce's suggestion...!!! Even though it is said that we are "in the digital era" and this books were written by Ansel Adams many years ago... meaning that are based in film (camera and negative and print processing) these books are IMHO, the best beginning to learn by your own. PHOTOGRAPHY is PHOTOGRAPHY regardless is digital or film based.. The basics of photography that you are going to learn through this books are completely compatible with digital photography... just need to identify the technological similarities in both cases.<br>

Best<br>

JC </p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I found that Scott Kelby did a great job with the following book</p>

<p><a href="http://www.amazon.com/dp/0321524764?tag=myspeedyshopc-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=0321524764&adid=11WPWY4CXQJXMPR9NSFG&">The Digital Photography Book</a> I think the third volume is out now, but I've only read this one and found it quite inspiring.</p>