Photographing inside of Mosques in Dubai

zenza_bronica

<p>You might contact the Ministry of Commerce or Tourism, whichever it is called, and then check directly with the mosques you plan to visit. I know when I last visited the Blue Mosque in Istanbul, they didn't generally allow tripods, although occasionally exceptions were made.</p>

<p>I was in Abu Dhabi (a couple hours west of Dubai) for three years. The people are a little sensitive about non-Muslims walking into mosques off the street. I went with a group inside 4 mosques, but we had a Muslim scholar (a student of comparative religion with his own local TV show) with us who was teaching the group about Islam, and he had cleared things in advance. I would not just walk in unless you had permission first.<br>

As for Dubai, they have one particular mosque that is open to the public (Jumeirah Mosque) on specific days, and it is worth the trip. This structure is a camera magnet.<br>

When I was visited, there was a guide who explained the significance of the various areas of the mosque and answered questions. According to the web site below photography is allowed here, and I recall taking pictures inside (it was 9 years ago), although I can't recall whether the camera was on the tripod.<br>

Have a look at the visiting times and rules of the mosque (it is very important for you to show respect for their mosque), which states that photography is allowed.<br>

http://www.dubaicity.com/what_to_see_in_dubai/Jumeirah-Mosque.htm</p>

<p>Enjoy your trip.</p>

• 4 weeks later...