Photo sharing for a non profit

I am the photographer for a camp that serve children who are ill. The camp has finally gave me permission to hopefully find an online site

to share the pictures with the parents. The camp is very concerned with privacy and is rightfully concerned with have the pictures online.

The camp already has the campers and parents sign releases. There are a lot of pictures and over 70 families to consider.

Does anyone have experience with this? Any recommendations on which website is best? Perhaps a site that is invite only and password

protected. I have looked into som like smug mug and photo bocket but am a bit unsure.

Thank you for your time

David

Flickr allows you to restrict visibility of photographs in various ways, and also to allow access to private

photosets on an invitation-only basis.

The invitations are a good way of offering access to people who aren't flickr members. The visibility levels make it easy to tailor access for those who are.

<p> I use Smugmug for my own pictures. It has great service and lots of options. Individual galleries may be public, unlisted (you need a special URL link), or password protected. It is not free and may not be a good choice for a non-profit.<br>

I manage a picture collection for my church. Our rule for pictures of kids is that the kids in the picture will not be identified online. We used to use the Kodak Gallery before it bit the dust. (This is Rochester after all.) With Shutterfly now, all albums are password protected. The big disadvantage is that you must pay to receive full resolution image files and they are only available on a CD. If you want something immediately or free, you have to make do with a screen resolution image. <br>

I don't use Flickr much. I know you can store and retrieve full resolution images. If the security options there are sufficient, I might be a good choice. </p>