Photo.net slowness issues again.

ralf_j.

I have no doubt that it is frustrating.

It's hard to know what the reason is when one member is seeing one speed and another is seeing another. Though typically, it points to some bottleneck on the user's end (or between the user and PN). Not to point fingers at Charles, as I know he's a bright guy. But if the problem were truly on the server end, I hear about it from a lot of users or experience it myself.

Have you tried Firefox? Does that make a difference in speed in any way?

That still doesn't answer my question. Have you tried Firefox with photo.net and does it make any difference? I don't just ask questions to hear myself talk (despite what my wife thinks), I need to know stuff like this to do the best I can at tracking down any issue that might be coming from our end. things work differently on different browsers. So if you said to me "the site loads fine on Firefox but is bogging on Safari." I would then start testing to make sure that we don't have some sort of bug that would mess with the way safari loads things. If you said "No, it loads just as bad with Firefox" that would point more towards some sort of bottleneck between PN and your computer.

Charles, I saw that thread earlier, but I haven't had any performance issues. In fact, there are some additional features that are for moderators only and those features are very database intensive. I use them daily and don't have any problems either.

Of course that doesn't mean there are no problems; I am just surprised that I haven't come across them.