Photo Contest - online voting tools?

Discussion in 'Website Creation' started by druehlmann, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Hi guys,
    not sure if this is the appropriate forum for my question - please advise.
    I am webmaster for my local camera club's website and am exploring whether and how we can hold online photo contests.
    The idea being that photos are submitted by members and can be voted up / down in their respective category by members only. This means, I need a "secure" registration process that disallows double voting (not that any of my club members would do this, of course).
    We are currently running in google.sites with our gallery in Picasa. If the contest requires a different platform or service, more than happy to use that.
    It sounds like something a lot of you would have experience with and hence I hope for advice and feedback here.
    Thanks!
    Dietrich

2. You can host a contest at http://www.photoscramble.com/ to do exactly as you indicted your needs are. (This means, I need a "secure" registration process that disallows double voting (not that any of my club members would do this, of course)
    Voting options include a single vote per member or multiple votes based on daily, hourly, and unlimited. If multiple votes is chosen there is a slick timer indicating the next time a vote can take place.