Pentax Flash

ulf_hansson1

I'd stick to what is recommended in the manual. I recall an email I sent to Pentax for more info concerning some of the older electronic flashes on their new digital cameras and there are compatibility problems. I'd recommend going to the Pentax USA site and contacting them for more info. Something about the electrical signals of the flashes not being compatible with newer digital cameras if you intend to use the TTL settings.

http://www.pentaximaging.com

Better to get the word straight from Pentax before running the risk of damaging your camera.

Ed

Many older flashes will work OK on a K10D but most will have to use 'Auto' or 'Manual' modes rather than the more advanced TTL (K10D doesn't support) or P-TTL (preferred for K10D). I don't think the AF240FT is a particularly attractive choice as it has relatively low power, no bounce, no zoom, no 'Auto', no P-TTL. If you can live with manual flash control however it is more powerful than the built-in flash, and it is further from the lens so those are pluses. There are posts on this forum probably every week asking questions like this; you won't need to read too many of them to get the lay of the land.