<p>Hi, strange thing append for a reason..i live in Canada (not strange yet) I own several Mac (again not that strange) and i just receive a copy of the PC Photo Magazine? ..without never suscribe to it?!</p>

<p>Maybe someone want to pass a message LOL</p>

<p>Anyway, in this mag it talk about 5 interesting subject, 3 of witch i have participate in the past day;</p>

<p>1_HDR What / When / How</p>

<p>2_Portrait retouching (not a tutorial but the 4 tools you migth want to have a look at to help you)</p>

<p>3_Lense designed for digital (quick review)</p>

<p>4_What to know about the latest digital sensor, iso, and image quality.</p>

<p>5_Tips to get pro result on your inkjet (not to detail, but enough to help)</p>

<p>And a lot of new cool gadget : )</p>

<p>I think i share the info, as it seem those subject are part of the day to day PN forum.</p>

<p>have fun</p>

<p> </p>

<p>.</p>

<p>Many magazines are so desperate to get eyeballs for their advertisers that they are giving away copies to ANY listing free, see also the excellent magazines:<br>

<strong>Rangefinder</strong> http://www.rangefindermag.com/<br>

and<strong> </strong><br>

<strong>AfterCapture </strong> http://www.aftercapture.com/<br>

and http://www.wppionline.com/. </p>

<p>PCMagazine , for an example of failure, stopped paper issues after 25 years, and refunded me $40 future subscriptions because they can't figure out how to survive .</p>

<p>I LOVE <strong>PC Photo</strong> magazine, mostly because the editors LOVE their <em>Minolta</em> , and now <em>Sony Alpha</em> gear! ;-)</p>

<p>.</p>

<p>Just for kicks, I checked out pcphotomag.com (thanks to Peter's praise of them as Sony lovers)... Imagine my dismay when I looked at their "Buyer's Guide 2009: D-SLRs Under $1000" and found not a single Sony mentioned, although an a350 is shown in the headline picture! What gives?</p>

<p>.</p>

<p>I think people, especially magazines, have short memories, and keep hungering for something new to entertain and keep the advertisements from bumping into each other. </p>

<p>Since the <strong>Sony Alpha DSLR-A350</strong> is not new any more, people easily forget how superlative a camera it is, combining<br>

- the best of large format camera techniques in it's live view, with<br>

- the best SLR techniques with live auto focus,<br>

as well as all the modern features and benefits of an incredible<br>

- 14 megapixels,<br>

- dynamic range optimization,<br>

- in-camera anti shake,<br>

- in-built remote accessory flash control,<br>

- quick input controls and readout,<br>

and so on.</p>

<p>Heck, this is old news, so any magazine hungry for new advertisements and new readers will have such a short memory after all.</p>

<p>But write to the editors and ask what they actually use daily ... ;-)</p>

<p>.</p>

<p>PC Photo usually sucks, usually mimicing articles or reviews from other good magazines.<br>

They also target the consumer level gear, or Pro-sumer.<br>

Peter mentions a few nice ones.<br>

Since it was free and you cant say they always suck (specially when getting material from other good sources)... enjoy it :-)</p>